A local guy, Tom O’Leary (transplanted from San Diego where they really know good Mexican food!), heard an outstanding restaurant review from a friend who happened into a Chevys Fresh Mex while on vacation. It didn’t take long for this restaurateur and caterer to hop on board with Chevys because of their simple but fantastic concept: food is about the freshness of the ingredients (NO CANS in the kitchen, nada, never). He also appreciated the positive energy of the management training program and the bright, colorful, and family-friendly atmosphere of the Chevys restaurant spaces.
Tom O’Leary and partners formed SOL, LLC in January 1998 and now operating three Chevys Maryland locations. Check out our locations at Annapolis, Arundel Mills Mall, and Brandywine.
Chevys Core Values
- Love What You Do – Loving what you do is a choice, so choose joy in what you do and you will bring joy to all those around you. If you are positive, everyone around you will see it and respond in productive ways. Be creative and decisive. This can only happen with balance in your life.
- Lead By Serving – We are in the service business and are all called to serve well. We must serve our clients, our employees and our colleagues to create a lasting team. Take time for people; they are more important than the job you are working on.
- Unmatched Service – Please our guests with unmatched service, regardless of who they are. Do not judge others. Approach every person as if they were your friend and wait for great things to happen.
- Do Onto Others – Treat our customers, employees, and vendors the way they want to be treated. Think about long-term relationships when dealing with everyone.
- Seek to Be a Reconciler – Keep your relationships current. Deal with problems immediately. Do not wait until tomorrow – the problem won’t go away!
- Conduct Yourself With Integrity – Take personal responsibility for your actions. Do what is right, regardless of the consequences and always be truthful.
We offer a lunch and dinner menu daily along with an extensive list of margaritas, tequilas, and beers. There are a wide variety of Mexican dishes with an emphasis on both traditional and innovative dishes.
The fiesta begins at Chevys with signature fire-roasted salsa and fresh, hot chips, complemented by premium gold house margaritas. Classic dishes, such as sizzling fajitas off the mesquite grill, are offered with traditional ingredients, such as chicken and beef, as well as with more contemporary combinations such as shrimp, Portobello mushrooms, and asparagus. We also serve a variety of delicious enchiladas ranging from fresh chicken and tender beef to crab & shrimp enchiladas and artichoke and Portobello mushroom enchiladas.
These contemporary adaptations of tradition Mexican dishes are characteristic of our menu.
Chevys restaurants create a welcoming, ultra casual atmosphere that is inviting to families, couples and singles alike. Chevys is known for its energetic ambiance, with Latin music, fresh, innovative food and refreshing margaritas.
Our décor is ultra-casual with a Mexican Roadhouse Cantina feel, wall posters depicting fresh produce and fish, margaritas and Mexican beers, and a variety of fun elements representing California’s Central Valley breadbasket such as side doors of produce trucks and farming tools.
A signature item of Chevys restaurant décor and a differentiating aspect of the concept is its fresh tortilla maker called El Machino®. El Machino® is generally featured in the dining room and helps reinforce the company’s commitment to freshness. El Machino® also provides entertainment for children and enables the restaurants’ guests to watch the tortilla making process.