Here Are All the Fresh Mex Food Holidays You Don’t Want to Miss
Like most people, you may join in Taco Tuesdays and Cinco de Mayo by sipping cervezas and enjoying some freshly made guac. But you might not know that there are dozens of Fresh Mex food holidays that provide an excellent reason to sample delectable cuisine. Here are Fresh Mex holidays (and Maryland ones too!) you’ll surely want to add to your calendar this year.
- January 1 – New Year’s Day
New Year’s Day
Whether you’re nursing a holiday hangover or considering resolutions, the last thing you want to do is spend the day over a hot stove. So instead, ponder the possibilities of the new year over a tasty Tostada Salad, hand-rolled Tamales, or a plate of decadent Fajita Nachos shared with the ones you love. You could even throw in some hair of the dog with a round of cervezas or a signature margarita to keep the party going.
- January 6 – National Bean Day
- January 16 – International Hot and Spicy Food Day
- January 25 – National Fish Taco Day
- January 29 – National Corn Chip Day
- 3rd Weekend of February: National Margarita Weekend
National Margarita Weekend
We love some Margarita Mondays, but an entire weekend!? Yes, please. This year this falls on February 18th & 19th. And we have all the margaritas waiting for you. Not only do we have our signature margaritas, but we also have some seasonal ones. So make sure to come in and ask your server if there are any specialty margaritas. (Hint: there will be!) And don’t worry if you can’t make it this weekend; National Margarita Day is right around the corner.
- February 10 – National “Have a Brownie” Day
- February 22 – National Margarita Day
- February 24 – National Tortilla Chip Day
- March 6 – National Oreo Day
National Oreo Day
Wait, what? That doesn’t sound like a Fresh Mex holiday! Oh, but it is. You need to peek over at our delicious dessert menu to find that all our sweet holidays make a bit more sense. Try out our Oreo® Ooey-Gooey-Chewy Sundae. It is a fresh-baked brownie and rich vanilla ice cream drenched in homemade Cajeta caramel and chocolate sauces and topped with crushed Oreo cookies and whipped cream.
- March 9 – National Crab Day
- March 21 – National Crunchy Taco Day
- March 25 – Maryland Day
Maryland has a rich and extensive history dating back hundreds of years. Each year on March 25, the state celebrates Maryland Day to commemorate the arrival of settlers at St. Clement’s Island in 1632. The group made it through an incredible sea voyage to found the Maryland colony, and in 1916, the day of their arrival became a legal holiday. What better way to celebrate than by supporting local businesses and enjoying your favorite tacos, enchiladas, and burritos in the process?
- March 23 – National Chips and Dip Day
- April 6 – National Burrito Day
- April 7 – National Beer Day
- April 8 – National Empanada Day
- May – National Salsa Month
- May 1 – May Day
May Day Annapolis
May Day is celebrated annually on May 1 and is a holiday falling about halfway between the spring equinox and the summer solstice. Those who live in and around Annapolis have gone all out for this holiday since 1956 when the Garden Club of Old Annapolis first started decorating with bright spring blooms. Since then, the tradition has grown; residents and businesses now compete to create the most beautiful flower arrangements (and win prizes), transforming the city in the process.
- May 5 – National Enchilada Day & Cinco de Mayo
- May 11 – National “Eat What You Want” Day
- July 24 – National Tequila Day
- August 19 – National Hot & Spicy Food Day
- September 16 – National Guacamole Day
- September 25 – National Quesadilla Day & National Food Service Workers Day
National Food Service Workers Day
This is an important day not just for us but for all restaurants! We couldn’t bring you all the great Fresh Mex food if it weren’t for our fantastic team of food service workers. From the back of the house to the front, Chevys is so grateful for the staff that makes it happen every day. We hope you will join us in appreciating all the hard work our team and all food service employees do throughout our wonderful community.
- September 26h National Chimichanga Day
- September 28 – National Drink a Beer Day
- October – National Dessert Month
- October 1 – World Vegetarian Day
- October 3 – National Soft Taco Day
- October 4 – National Taco Day
National Taco Day
Can you think of any Fresh Mex food holiday more quintessential than National Taco Day? It may have started as part of an advertising campaign, but this holiday has really caught on, and it’s not hard to see why. Everyone loves a tasty taco! So whether you like yours filled with mesquite grilled chicken, picadillo beef, carnitas, fish, or veggies, you’ll find no shortage of mouthwatering options to explore at Chevys Fresh Mex.
- October 16 – National World Food Day
- October 21 – International Day of the Nacho
- November – National Pepper Month
- November 1st-2nd – Day of the Dead (El Día de Los Muertos)
El Día de Los Muertos
Our Fresh Mex cuisine derives from Mexican-American culinary creations. And in Mexican culture, El Día de Los Muertos is a very special holiday to honor their ancestors. Since the origins date back to more than 3000 years ago, many different countries throughout the Americas join in this celebration. Moreover, this period is thought to be the day the souls of our passed loved ones can return to the living to join us in drink, food, and dancing.
- November 6 – National Nachos Day
- November 14 – National Spicy Guacamole Day
- November 25 – National “Eat with a Friend” Day
- December 5 – National Comfort Food Day
- December 8 – National Brownie Day
Join Us for Your Favorite Fresh Mex Food Holiday!
There are a lot of Fresh Mex food holidays to choose from. But remember, you don’t need any excuse to come on by. We have all your favorites be it Taco Tuesday or just a regular Wednesday. So stop in today to sample your faves, or contact us to arrange for a food truck at your next holiday celebration.